"Scars in Your Hands: What Do They Mean?"
by Baeth Davis, The Hand Analyst, Inc.
A scar is where trauma once stood but stands no more.
A scar is memory. (Why does scar tissue replace itself? If our cells constantly replenish, why does a scar remain? Memory of the injury? DNA? Both?)
A scar says you've engaged with life and survived the confrontation.
A scar makes you stronger.
Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia, says, "A scar results from the biologic process of wound repair in the skin and other tissues of the body. Thus, scarring is a natural part of the healing process. With the exception of very minor lesions, every wound (e.g. after accident, disease, or surgery) results in some degree of scarring." A scar is a healing. Ponder that for a moment.
Where do you have scars? The location is our first clue to its potential meaning. Since I'm a hand analyst by trade, we'll focus today on scars in your hands.
Here's a list of scar locations in your hands and their possible meanings. Please re-interpret the meaning for yourself by reflecting on how old you were when the injury occurred, how you felt about your life at that time and what issues you were struggling with then, if any. Please note these "scars" can be cuts, scrapes, sprains, discoloration, warts, calluses, etc.
Scar Locations In Your Hands:
- Back of the hand: Self-protection, self-defense, confrontation, avoidance, anger
- Thumb: Thwarted goals, frustration, incompletion, BIG desire for success and money
- Index/Pointer Finger (Jupiter): Power struggles, victim/abuser cycles, too much/too little responsibility, secret desire to lead, suppressed visionary capabilities
- Middle Finger (Saturn): Insecurity, doubt, fear, issues around time, money and self-esteem, desire to learn about business and be financially independent
- Ring Finger (Apollo): Reluctance to be visible or "on stage," need for approval and acceptance, being "nice" to win people over, fear of rejection, craving for artistic expression and acknowledgment
- Pinky Finger (Mercury): Communication issues in relationships and business transactions, not speaking up for one's self, fear of speaking out, buried desire to be a messenger (songwriter, actor, writer, speaker, TV/radio broadcaster)
- Palm, at base of the thumb: lack of joy, family abuse?, lost childhood, no time to play?, "is it time to learn to be a kid again?"
- Palm, at wrist: Fear of the unconscious, "living on the surface," confusion, muddy emotions, hunger for connection to archetypes, the collective unconscious, fascination with the work of Carl Jung, Freud, etc., desire to help the ailing (hospice work), love of the water? love of sea creatures?
- Palm, lower section, furthest from thumb: isolation, alienation, disconnected from spiritual depth and meaning, "where did she disappear to, she who howls at the moon?"
- Palm, center: Transition, career angst, anger about career, what's next?, can indicate a job or residence change
- Palm, between thumb and index finger: rage, early childhood violence (loss of parents, child abuse), lack of courage, upset over injustices toward self and/or others
- Palm, below index finger: suppressing leadership potential, fear of being seen in the front, are you willing to be the valedictorian in your own life?
- Palm, below middle finger: money/contractual issues, work issues around completing tasks, self-esteem and confidence issues, is it in writing? do you name your price and receive it?
- Palm, below ring finger: Is it time to be on stage? find your art studio? are you getting applause regularly?
- Palm, below pinky finger: How's your intimacy quotient? are you getting enough closeness and affection? are you a healer and not using your healing gifts?
If you have scars on particular lines or areas of your hands not mentioned above, please drop me an email with a scan of your hand with the scar area circled. I will respond, first-come, first-served, to your questions. firstname.lastname@example.org Any questions are welcomed, too!
You can look on your scar as a bad memory or as a clue to where your soul is wanting you to pay attention and stretch, grow and expand. The choice, as always, is yours.
Â© 2007 The Hand Analyst, Inc. Baeth Davis is "The Hand Analyst."
Get Baeth's FREE SPECIAL REPORT, "The 5 Massive Mistakes Spiritually-Oriented Women Make in Business (… and how to avoid them!)" and her FREE hot tips to discover your specific career niche at www.handanalyst.com. Baeth won the 2007-2008 Glazer-Kennedy Information Marketer of the Year Award. Sheâ€™ll show you how your HANDS reveal the best way to build a business that is both purpose-full and profitable!